Saturday 8 September 2012

Day 5

So today, no warm up or cool down.

I wanted to try a run without then and see if I noticed a difference. First off, I noticed that on my last run when I sprinted I felt all the pain and stiffness go out of my legs. This time, not so much.

I ran Mission 4 of Zombies, Run! It was good, though I admit they could have probably tugged at my nerves a bit more had they used a real infant making sounds for the missing child. As it was I'm 99.9% sure it was a female voice actor, and her sounds went quite a bit over the top. 

I recommend touching the volume down, just a tad for this one. I had it up and each noise seemed to be louder and more annoying than the last.

I was happy with my hodge-podge playlist and it played some tracks that got me going though overall I stuck to a plan of jogging most of the course, with some brisk walking and only one real sprint at the end. 

M4 seemed to over quick, but I also had shorter songs than previous playlists so that may have been part of it. 

I was pretty happy to be able to jog at a decent pace for most of the course and even though it was only half a kilometer faster pace than the previous race; any improvement is good.

Tomorrow its new shoes and I'm hoping Monday or Tuesday I'll get the books I ordered. I may blog again if my legs are hurting as much as I suspect they will be. After I sprinted at the end of the race, my shins, calves (especially my right) and knees (again, especially my right) were aching.

Tomorrow shall tell the tale.

1 comment:

  1. Great run! And you ran/jogged most of it? That's awesome. I'm still at about the halfway mark. Half of it is jogging and the other half is a fast walk. But, it's getting better. How are you feeling cardio-wise? I am amazed at how quickly my cardio fitness is improving.

    ReplyDelete